At Bowditch & Dewey, we believe that the best way for young attorneys to increase their legal knowledge is through active mentoring. Our senior attorneys guide associates through projects, giving them ever increasing hands-on experience and contact with clients. We are always looking to add bright and passionate associates to our team.
- Associates are assigned to a practice area consistent with their interests and talents and the needs of the Firm.
- Mentored by a senior associate or partner, who is responsible for monitoring workloads and ensuring that basic skills are learned through a variety of work assignments.
- Formal training programs are developed on a practice area and firm-wide basis. While the Firm provides a structured training program, associates also gain hands-on experience under the readily available and eager supervision of partners and senior associates.
Bowditch & Dewey offers a salary and benefits package at a level competitive with comparable law firms and also pays all expenses related to taking the Massachusetts bar exam including preparation courses and materials.
Associates receive the following benefits:
- Three weeks paid vacation; four weeks after three years of employment
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Eight weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- 401(k) savings plan and profit sharing plan
- Free parking in our Worcester and Framingham offices
- Business license fees and bar dues
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on the inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.