Jared A. Fiore
Jared represents both businesses and individuals in a variety of civil litigation matters and has significant experience in business, construction, and tort litigation. He has represented clients in all aspects of dispute resolution, including trial, arbitration, mediation, and private settlement negotiations.
Jared recently argued and obtained an adjudication of insolvency for an estate that faced multiple lawsuits in federal and state courts concerning the embezzlement of millions of dollars and claims brought under state and federal False Claims acts. In arguing a web of state and federal procedural law, Jared successfully obtained a full adjudication of the pending claims through the state probate court, including a finding that a number of the claims were invalid.
In a recent partnership dispute, Jared obtained favorable summary judgment for a Puerto Rico corporation serving as the longtime general partner of a Massachusetts partnership in claims that it had withdrawn from the partnership by the revocation of its certificate of good standing in Puerto Rico and a purported transfer of its partnership interest years earlier.
Jared recently represented an international construction company in the litigation and resolution of claims pending in federal court arising out of a construction contract for the radioactive decontamination of a Midwest plant that processed uranium ore for the development of atomic weapons. The dispute focused on changed conditions from pre-bid characterization data and the amount of contaminated soil removed from the site.
Jared, with co-counsel, recently obtained a jury verdict following a two-week trial in state court concerning claims of negligent training of an operator by a large, interstate trucking company and negligent operation of a tractor trailer under Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
Jared is a recipient of the Notre Dame Law School Dean’s Award for Trial Advocacy and the 2014 recipient of the Holy Cross Alumni Association’s Young Alumni Leadership Award.
Before joining Bowditch & Dewey, Jared was an associate with a boutique litigation firm in Boston. He is a former judicial intern to the Honorable John S. McCann of the Massachusetts Superior Court and former intern for the Principal Legal Advisor for the Department of Homeland Security in Boston. Jared was born and raised in Fitchburg and currently resides in Shrewsbury with his wife and son.
Admitted to Practice:
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Represented general contractor in defense of wrongful death claim involving heavy equipment at construction site.
- Represented utility company in defense of wrongful death claim involving work zone setup.
- Represented general partner in claim that general partner had withdrawn from partnership under law of state of general partner’s incorporation, law of state of partnership’s formation, and partnership agreement.
- Represented personal representative of estate in false claims act concerning embezzlement of millions of dollars.
- Represented utility company in defense of wrongful death claim involving duties as easement holder.
- Represented general contractor in multimillion dollar contract dispute with owner regarding radioactive waste remediation.
- Represented business regarding damage to building after agreement for purchase and sale.
- Represented landscape construction company in breach of contract and breach of warranty claims.
- Represented investment advisors and financial services firm regarding breach of duty claims.
- Represented business involving damages resulting from pipe freeze in commercial condominium complex.
- Represented utility company in defense of injury claims involving road and sidewalk defects.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with town regarding multimillion dollar water main restoration project.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with city regarding defective product in multimillion dollar underpass restoration.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with Department of Transportation regarding multimillion bridge replacement.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with town regarding flood mitigation project.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with pump bypass equipment supplier.
- Represented HVAC subcontractor in contract negotiations for HVAC installation at national restaurant chain.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with glass installation subcontractor who abandoned project at national restaurant chain.
- Represented general contractor in breach of contract dispute with glass subcontractor regarding defective installation and defective product.
- Represented general contractor in dispute with public housing authority regarding substitution of subcontractor in public bid.
- Represented owner in contract negotiations with general contractor for installation of building drainage system.
- Board of Directors, Holy Cross Alumni Association
- Past co-chair of the Young Alumni Committee
- Board of Directors, Holy Cross Club of Greater Worcester
- Past President
- Board of Directors, Rainbow Child Development Center
- Member, Holy Cross Lawyers Association
- Member, Notre Dame Alumni Club of Boston
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Worcester County Bar Association