Norman E. Bartlett II
Mr. Bartlett is a an environmental and land use attorney focusing his practice on environmental compliance and permitting, real estate development, renewable energy projects and associated litigation. He works on projects requiring local, state and federal approvals for corporate, quasi-public and utility clients. Mr. Bartlett provides legal advice on a wide range of regulatory matters including permitting, impact assessment (MEPA/NEPA), brownfield development, environmental remediation, enforcement and compliance counseling and environmental management system development. He also regularly represents clients in hazardous waste, solid waste, waste water, drinking water and wetlands matters before regulatory authorities. Mr. Bartlett has extensive experience with individual and general NPDES permitting and enforcement.
Mr. Bartlett worked for a number of Massachusetts environmental agencies and offices with duties ranging from enforcement and compliance to policy development and has extensive experience in real estate acquisitions and water resource protection. Mr. Bartlett represented a Massachusetts state agency in a series of investigations, permitting and enforcement actions filed by EPA under the Clean Water Act concerning storm water management in the lower Charles River. He also helped to defend unrelated actions under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
Mr. Bartlett was selected as a 2006 recipient of the "40 Under Forty" Award by the Worcester Business Journal and was awarded the 2007 NAIOP Public Service Award for MassHighway Access Regulations. He was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Environmental Law and Litigation - Environmental..
Metropolitan District Commission Deputy General Counsel and Special Assistant Attorney General; Executive Office of Environmental Affairs, Coastal Zone Management Counsel.
- Member, Massachusetts Water Infrastructure Finance Commission, 2010 - 2012 (Appointed by Governor)
- Member, MassDEP Safe Drinking Water Act Assessment Advisory Committee, 2011- Present, (Appointed by MassDEP Commissioner)
- Member, Board of Directors Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development 2008-2014
- Member, Leadership Taskforce, Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development
- Member, The Home Depot Foundation Advisory Committee 2007 – Present
- Member, Advisory Committee on Housing and the Environment, Pioneer Institute for Public Policy Research
- Member, Policy and Investor Relations Committees, 495 MetroWest Partnership
- Member, Public Affairs and Environmental Committees, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties ("NAIOP"),
- Presenter, Massachusetts Audubon Society, Land Conservation Techniques
- Presenter, American Council of Engineering Companies, MA Chapter, Smart Growth Program
- Member, DEP Commissioner's Wetland Appeal Streamlining Task Force, 2007
- Co-Leader, NAIOP/MassHighway Access Regulations Drafting Group 2007
- Co-Chair Site Locator Committee, Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development
- Co-Chair Membership Committee, Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development
- Member, Brownfields Subcommittees, MetroWest Chamber and 495 Partnership
- Co-Chair, Environmental League of Massachusetts, Lawyer's Committee