Brian is a highly skilled real estate lawyer with more than 20 years of experience assisting developers, telecommunications, renewable energy, financial services, and commercial clients with matters ranging from land use and development, litigation, real estate transactions, landlord-tenant disputes, and related real estate issues.
Brian has familiarity and experience in complex real estate transactions pertaining to financing, leasing and sale of property, acquisition, and other environmental issues with a proven track record of handling complex zoning and land use appeals. His extensive zoning and land use experience has helped him to successfully represent clients before permit-granting authorities in over 170 municipalities in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
Brian is also a co-editor of the Commercial Real Estate Insight & News blog.
Brian is an avid and dedicated sports fan, particularly the New York Islanders, Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs, and Detroit Tigers. When he’s not at work, he can be found playing in his local hockey league.
Brian also loves to travel and scuba dive. “It gives me an opportunity to see and appreciate aquatic life in way that is just not possible by only viewing it in an aquarium. Swimming in the open water with sharks, dolphins, turtles, stingrays, and more has given me memories I will treasure for a lifetime.”
- Board of Directors, Vice Chair for Public Policy, MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, New England Wireless Association (NEWA)
- Member, NAIOP Massachusetts Zoning/Land Use sub-committee
Articles + Talks
- “COVID-19 Legal Impacts Far-Reaching for RE,” The Real Reporter, June 2, 2020
- “A Campus Crown Jewel: How to Deliver a Great Facility,” Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester, Massachusetts, January 2019
- “A Checklist For Adjusting Your Brewery for Phase II,” Massachusetts Brewers Guild Webinar, June 9, 2020
- Planning Law Review and American Planning Association, 2013 Webinar
- “Broadband and Wireless Delivery,” American Planning Association National Planning Conference
- New England Wireless Association Seminar, Federal Communications Commission’s Report and Order, In re Acceleration of Broadband Deployment by Improving Wireless Facilities Siting Policies.
- Mass Municipal Lawyer Association, 2015 Annual Meeting and Convention “Get Plugged in to Wireless Law that Affects Your Community – New FCC Rules on Wireless Facilities and More”
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Districts of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.S., cum laude, Bryant College (now Bryant University)