Recognizing that the preservation and growth of an individual’s estate is a deeply personal issue, Jared works closely with each client, tailoring representation based on his or her specific needs, goals and concerns. He supports the trustees of client trusts, maintaining a consistent line of communication on day-to-day developments regarding tax planning, trust administration and personal or family estate matters.
Jared drafts estate, financial and tax planning documents including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, durable powers of attorney and promissory notes, honing each document based on achieving optimal income, gift and estate tax outcomes. His experience extends to the formation and maintenance of legal entities including family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and charitable foundations. When necessary, Jared works with tax and regulatory authorities to defend clients from audits or investigations. He provides document preparation support for other attorneys in the Estate & Tax Planning, Estate & Trust Administration and Business Succession Planning practice areas.
Jared routinely collaborates with clients’ financial advisers and wealth managers regarding estate and financial analysis, ensuring a holistic approach to financial and estate issues across multiple offices.
Before working at Bowditch, Jared worked as a Law Clerk at law firms in Boston, where he provided legal support in diverse areas of law such as insurance, employment and criminal litigation. During law school, Jared was a Lead Note Editor of the Journal of High Technology Law.
Jared is an avid sports fan, most notably hockey, and currently coaches youth hockey in Melrose.
Articles + Talks
- Are Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League Violating American Antitrust Laws Through Their Blackout Restrictions [Journal of High Technology Law – Fall 2014]
- Implementing Mediation into NHL Salary Negotiations for Restricted Free Agents Prior to Salary Arbitration [The Sports Lawyers Journal – Spring 2016]
- New York (pending)
- J.D., magna cum laude, Suffolk University Law School
- B.A., magna cum laude, Florida State University
- Personal finance statement for individual with net worth over $100,000,000.
- Assist Trustees in the management of over 100 Irrevocable Trusts.
- Gift tax returns for client gifts in excess of $4,000,000 in one calendar year.
- Assist in IPO of a corporation, including the management of over 30 individuals and entities with interest in the corporation.