An experienced litigator, Patrick Tracey focuses his practice representing and counseling clients in connection with class actions, regulatory investigations, financial fraud and consumer finance matters for financial institutions. He represents institutions in a variety of mortgage-related litigation, including claims and defenses under the federal Truth-in-Lending Act (“TILA”), Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (“RESPA”), Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (“SCRA”), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) and state consumer protection statutes. He manages large cases and directs litigation strategy to reduce exposure for institutions with a cost-effective approach to avoid risk, safeguard data and protect reputation. Patrick also advises clients involving investigations and enforcement actions by government and regulatory agencies.
Patrick has tried numerous cases to verdict, in addition to arbitrating and mediating cases on behalf of clients from a variety of industries. His practice involves the representation of clients in complex commercial litigation matters, including general business disputes, tort and products liability matters.
A sought-after speaker and writer, Patrick has coauthored several MCLE publications and has spoken on various topics, such as pro bono and charitable service for financial institutions.
Prior to private practice, Patrick was the Head of Litigation for a large national bank, where he directed litigation strategy for a significant portfolio of matters, including class actions, regulatory compliance, government investigations and enforcement actions.
Before law school, Patrick served in the U.S. Air Force where he received numerous commendations. He is a Desert Storm veteran. Patrick has an active pro bono practice providing legal services to veterans and their families.
Patrick is a resident of Westborough, Massachusetts, where he coaches youth sports and finds time to golf when time allows. He also hosts a monthly local TV program conducting interviews relating to military and veteran issues.
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Board Member, Suffolk University Law School Alumni
- Boston Bar Association
- Governing Council
- Member, Military and Veterans Committee
- Past Co-Chair, Insurance Law Committee
- Past Co-Chair, Boston Law Day
- Boston Bar Foundation Society of Fellows
- Board Member, National Kidney Foundation, New England
- Member, American Bar Association
- Author, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Board Member, Westborough Veterans Advisory Board
Articles + Talks
- Panel Moderator, “Managing External Counsel: What do you do when you hire the rockstar but get the roadie?” Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Northeast, Framingham, Massachusetts, September 26, 2019.
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court, Massachusetts and Connecticut
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School
- B.S., cum laude, Western Connecticut State University