Peter Banis is an established attorney with over 35 years of experience, successfully handling more than 100 docketed cases for taxpayers in various courts, including the U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and U.S. Court of Appeals.
Peter has handled cases involving estate tax valuation of closely held businesses, income and employment tax matters for individuals and corporations, arcane tax accounting and bankruptcy tax issues, Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act partnership tax matters, offshore bank accounts and Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts reporting, bankruptcy discharge of individual taxes, civil tax fraud and evasion, as well as tax collection defense matters.
Prior to joining Bowditch, Peter served as Counsel for Jager Smith P.C. where he handled tax litigation matters, partnership taxation, estate planning, insolvency taxation, and tax controversies.
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Massachusetts U.S. District Court
- United States Court of Appeals First Circuit
- U.S Tax Court
- LL.M., Master of Law, Boston University School of Law
- J.D., cum laude, New England School of Law
- B.A., University of Connecticut