Shawna Hansen is a paralegal in the firm’s Business and Finance practice area. Shawna joins the firm with nearly 20 years of experience as a corporate paralegal in both Law Firm and In-house Corporate settings.
She has experience with assisting corporate and finance, emerging business and private client groups firmwide with nationwide corporate and regulatory filings, corporate research, drafting letters and documents and corporate governance.
Shawna is a Business Law section facilitator for Boston University’s Online Paralegal Studies Certificate Program (10+ years).
In addition to earning her BA, MFA, and Paralegal Certification here in the states, Shawna spent time studying abroad. She attended the Catholic University of Nijmegen in the Netherlands where she studied Dutch and German language and history. She also attended an international summer school program at the University of Oslo in Norway where she studied Norwegian language and history.
In addition to foreign languages, Shawna enjoys writing, gardening, art, and reading. She is also a clarinetist in the Nashoba Symphonic Band.
- Member, Tower Hill Botanical Garden (2014-Present)
- Parent Member, Clinton High School Council (2017-2018)
- Massachusetts Paralegal Association
- Vice President (2007-2009)
- Chair, Corporate Section (2005-2009)
- Director, Continuing Education (2006-2007)
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Member, Paralegal Curriculum Advisory Committee (2006-Present)
- Panel Chair, Corporate Closings for Paralegals (2006-Present)
- Co-Chair, Paralegal Conference (2008-2010)
- Panel Chair, Corporate Practice for the Paralegal (2007)
- Panel Chair, A Guide to the Regulatory Maze (2007)
- Paralegal Certificate Program, Northeastern University
- MFA, Writing, Literature and Publishing, Emerson College
- B.A., German and Undergraduate Writer’s Workshop, University of Iowa