We are seeking a part-time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting Department located in our Worcester office. This position performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. It is 25 hours per week. The schedule has some flexibility.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests through Workflow in Rippe.
- Sort, code and match invoices. Set invoices up for payment. Enter and upload invoices into system.
- Track expenses and process expense reports. Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Prepare and perform check runs.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records. Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Prepare analysis of accounts. Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Assist with month-end closing and produce monthly reports.
- Provide backup on an as-needed basis to the cash receipts function.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable, general accounting procedures and relevant accounting software
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Minimum 5 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance. Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- Must be organized, have attention to detail and accuracy, be able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- High level of confidentiality and problem-solving skills
- Communication skills and ability to work independently or in a team setting
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that provides exceptional service, cost-effective representation and successful results, please email cover letter and resume to: Jobs@bowditch.com
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer