Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and Director of HR, performs a variety of administrative duties and human resources activities especially pertaining to preparation of meeting materials, Power Point decks, calendaring/scheduling of meetings and activities, tracking of candidates and more.
Administrative and HR Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the administrative offices and may include the following:
- Supports Executive Director and Director of Human Resources through a variety of tasks related to organization, communication and personnel matters.
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professionalism keeping a tight control of highly confidential and sensitive information at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to accomplish tasks.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills with a high attention to detail.
- Organize and schedule complex calendar meetings and appointments. Maintain Outlook contact lists for ED as requested.
- Maintain an organized filing system of electronic documents.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Administers timely periodic performance reviews for all administrative and legal support staff including preparation and distribution of self-evaluation forms, follows up on delinquent evaluations.
- Process and assist in the Firm’s annual professional liability and general liability insurance renewals. Requests and distribute certificates of insurance.
- Support various Firm wide projects and initiatives as requested.
At least 3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in a Corporate or Law Firm setting. High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree preferred but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office required. Experience in Worldox is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of record management and electronic document filing systems preferred.
- Computer skills, excellent typing skills and technically savvy.
- Flexibility and a “go with the flow” approach to assignments.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. Responsibilities may shift and change over time as business changes. It should be expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned, and therefore, required.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer