Bowditch & Dewey, LLP has a full-time opening for a Commercial Paralegal in our Worcester Office. The position is in the Business & Finance Practice Area and supports commercial banking, finance legal work and trademark work.
- review of lender commitment letters
- preparation of commercial loan documents, including closing agendas, loan and security agreements, mortgages
- UCC financing statements, guarantees, entity authorization resolutions and certificates, authority and enforceability opinions and related documents
- communications with lender and counsel to borrower(s)
- preparation of documents for closing; review of diligence documents, including UCC and lien search reports, title examinations, entity charter and governing documents, and other required pre-closing documentation
- online real estate, personal property and entity diligence research
- coordination of recording of documents at registries of deeds and filing of documents with state authorities
- management of transactional due diligence; attendance at closing; and management of post-closing matters
Additional responsibilities include careful management, preparation and review of documentation relating to the foreclosure process, including:
- cure and acceleration letters, complaints, orders of notice, service letters, affidavits, mortgagee’s notices of sale, foreclosure deeds and notices to municipalities
- obtain certificates of municipal liens from local municipalities
- recording and filing of foreclosure documents with registries of deeds applicable courts
- attendance at foreclosure proceedings
A minimum of 3 years in a corporate or law firm setting. Must be technically savvy. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen attention to detail; knowledge of basic accounting principles; strong computer skills. Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required.
Experience in Trademark legal work is a plus. Notary Public also a plus.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer