Key role within the firm’s management team, responsible for leading the daily operations of the accounting department, and helping the firm develop and realize its financial and strategic goals.
The Director of Finance provides hands on leadership, supervision, and guidance over all functions of the finance department and its staff, to include general ledger accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, client billing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
Additional duties include the following:
- In concert with the Executive Director prepares the annual operating and capital budgets with input from the management team and for approval by the Executive Director and Capital Partners.
- Works with management team to manage and monitor budget performance and produces monthly financial reports for the Executive Director and Partners.
- Analyzes and reports on variances from the budget, conducts profitability analyses, and makes financial presentations as requested
- Establishes, implements, and maintains prudent financial and internal controls throughout the firm
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with banks
- Oversees all tax reporting for the firm and that it is done in a timely fashion
- Provides analysis and recommendations concerning billing rates and other drivers of profitability
- Negotiates with outside vendors affecting the finance department concerning price and quality of financial services or products provided to the firm
- Works with the Executive Director to develop policies and procedures relating to the accounting function.
- Conducts orientation for new hires regarding accounting department policies and procedures.
- Streamlines and updates accounting processes and procedures to ensure efficiencies and excellent client service.
- Serves as a trusted colleague for other members of the management team, contributing to an environment of teamwork and cooperation
- Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 8-10 years of experience in Finance/Accounting with increasing responsibility
- Proven success in managing and leading a Finance/Accounting team
- Managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong technical skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal/written communication and analytical skills
- Experience at a professional services company (preferred)
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer