Bowditch is seeking an eDiscovery project manager to join its Information Services team. The eDiscovery project manager is responsible for providing litigation technology support to the Firm and will work closely with attorneys and staff on all eDiscovery related matters.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work with attorneys and staff to assess technology needs of individual cases and to develop or recommend appropriate early case assessment strategies to meet case needs, and determine the most cost-effective approach of different tools for handling collection, document review, production and trial preparation.
- Design and implement litigation best practices, project workflow and data governance.
- Administer eDiscovery software and technology tools and coordinate with outside vendors as appropriate.
- Track e-discovery metrics to assist in the preparation of annual budgets for staff, hardware and resources.
- Work with IT Department as the technical liaison with those handling litigation matters to evaluate and recommend litigation support software to respond to changes in the industry.
- Train and advise attorneys and staff on the application and efficient use of technology; use expertise and hands on experience with E-Discovery tools to provide technical solutions for managing data.
- Keep attorneys and staff apprised of changes in the industry to better support our clients.
- Work closely with paralegals and legal assistants to share knowledge of litigation support applications and techniques and to foster a team-oriented environment and create user-friendly training materials.
- Able to provide feedback and solutions; listens and responds constructively to others’ concerns, mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Able to develop and maintain best practices relating to litigation support.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to work with varying levels of employees, paralegal, attorneys, and vendors with a focus towards customer satisfaction.
- Continuous Learning – Identifies self-training needs and opportunities; positively accepts changes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- 5 years’ experience in eDiscovery technology at a law firm or vendor – expertise in litigation support technology including database applications (Relativity, Concordance, LogikCull, Summation), applications (Microsoft Office, MS Access, SQL), Text editors, and/or directory comparison tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills and project management skills required to manage a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Appropriate certifications a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity that provides a competitive compensation package and a professional environment. The eDiscovery Project Manager will play a key role in the Firm as it builds for the future.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer