Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, has an opening for an experienced full-time Legal Administrative Assistant in its Boston office to provide support to members of the Litigation Practice Area, as well as the Business and Finance Practice Area.
In addition, this individual will be working closely with a Legal Practice Assistant to provide support to the groups.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of complex legal documents; letters, pleadings, etc.
- Organization and maintenance of files, electronically and paper if necessary.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, including monitoring calendars for the attorney.
- Ensuring all deadlines and court dates are provided to the docketing clerk for all litigation matters.
- Preparation of and maintaining tracking spreadsheets for various processes.
- Preparing Court filings to be submitted through Massachusetts ECF (Electronic Filing System).
- Accessing online databases for electronic research of matters.
- Attorney billing processes, working with Billing department to send out invoices in a timely manner.
- Preparing documents for court appearances.
- Working with clients as required.
- Other duties as required and requested.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and proofreading skills.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to properly format, redline and stylize complex documents. Experience with iHyperstyles is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience with navigating a document management system, preferably NetDocuments.
- Experience with the Massachusetts U.S. District Court ECF Filing System.
- Strong leadership skills and delegate to other members of the support team.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to learn Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Works effectively, calmly and quickly under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines.
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a willingness to adapt to change.
- Min 5 years of strong legal administrative assistant experience, including commercial litigation.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost-effective representation and successful results, please:
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer