Part-time Legal Administrative Assistant needed to join the Real Estate & Environmental practice area in our Framingham Office. This is a 4-day, Tuesday through Friday, 32-hour per week position. The desired hours for this position are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This organized and attentive individual will be supporting members of the Real Estate Practice Area. They will handle a variety of tasks, ranging from basic administrative tasks to complex document editing, with a strong focus on providing sophisticated administrative support for the team. Must have proven leadership skills, with a track record of good judgment, initiative, patience, humor and versatility.
Primary Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Preparing Documents: Coordinate document preparation, print, edit, copy, scan, email and save documents.
- Billing: Coordinate, review and process client invoices.
- Maintaining Files: Maintain electronic client records in compliance with current Firm policies.
- Maintaining Calendar: Assist in coordinating timekeeper calendars, event registrations, expense reports, travel, and meeting arrangements.
- Processing Mail: Prepare and process incoming/outgoing mail, email and hand-deliveries.
- Providing Administrative Support: Assist with new client/matter intake process, request checks, and process write-offs as well as other requests. Schedule meetings and conference rooms. Communicate effectively with clients and with others in the Firm. Anticipate the business needs of the assigned attorneys; plan ahead and meet deadlines.
- Cooperating with Team Efforts: Serve as backup to other legal groups as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience providing administrative support. Prior experience in a law firm is highly preferred.
- Understanding of commercial real estate transactions, such as: purchase and sale agreements, deeds, settlement statements, commercial leases, title examinations, municipal lien certificates, corporate organizational documents and payoff letters.
- Some litigation experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent technology skills including: advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); experience using Microsoft Word formatting and styles; familiarity with redlining; experience with modifying PDFs; and adaptability learning new applications and systems.
- Experience navigating a document management system. NetDocs experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team environment sometimes under high pressure.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency and a willingness to adapt to change.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer