We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Worcester office team. This is a full-time position. The desired hours for this position are 8:30am – 5pm.
This organized and attentive individual will be supporting members of the Real Estate practice area. They will handle a variety of tasks, ranging from basic administrative tasks to complex document editing, with a strong focus on providing sophisticated administrative support for the team. This position requires a committed team player with proven leadership skills, with a track record of good judgment, initiative, patience, humor, and versatility. You will be able to work a hybrid work schedule: four days in office and one day remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal Administrative Assistant is integral to the functioning of our practice area, therefore regular and predictable attendance is essential to the job. Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Preparing Documents: Coordinating document preparation, printing, editing, copying, scanning, emailing, and saving documents as needed
- Billing: Coordinate with attorneys and the Billing Department to review and process client invoices
- Maintaining Files: Maintaining electronic client records in compliance with current Firm policies; Working with the team to create and maintain electronic client files and indexes
- Maintaining Calendar: Assisting in coordinating timekeeper calendars, event registrations, expense reports, travel, and meeting arrangements
- Processing Mail: Preparing and processing incoming/outgoing mail, email, and hand-deliveries
- Providing Administrative Support: Assisting with new client/matter intake process; Utilizing the Firm’s workflow software to initiate client intake, request checks, and process write-offs as well as other types of requests; Scheduling meetings and arranging for conference rooms; Communicating effectively with clients and with others in the Firm; Proactively anticipating the business needs of the assigned attorneys; Planning and meeting deadlines
- Cooperating with Team Efforts: Serving as backup to other legal groups as directed; Working cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the Firm
- Performing other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience providing administrative support; Prior experience in a law firm with Commercial Real Estate is highly preferred.
- Understanding of commercial real estate transactions; Familiarity with the following documents: purchase and sale agreements, deeds, settlement statements, commercial leases, title examinations, municipal lien certificates, corporate organizational documents, and payoff letters
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent technology skills within a rapidly changing and challenging environment including advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); Experience using Microsoft Word formatting and styles; Familiarity with redlining; Experience with modifying PDFs; Adaptability in learning new applications and systems
- Experience navigating a document management system; NetDocs experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team environment, sometimes under high pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a willingness to adapt to change
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge, and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer