Bowditch has an excellent opportunity for an experienced full-time Legal Assist/Office Coord. in its Boston office to provide primary support to attorneys in litigation and also be the Office Coordinator for administrative needs throughout the office. This can be an exciting role for the person who takes pride in their work, is independent and takes initiative to keep the “trains running” on a day-to-day basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of complex legal documents; letters, pleadings, etc. Coordinating document preparation, printing, copying, scanning and saving documents as needed.
- Organization and maintenance of files, electronically and paper if necessary. Working with Records personnel to create and maintain client files and indexes.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings included monitoring calendars for the attorney.
- Accessing on-line databases for electronic research of matters.
- Attorney expense reports and billing processes, working with Billing department to resolve BIMS in a timely manner.
- Prepare documents for court appearances.
- Work with clients as required. Assisting with new client/matter intake process.
- Provide float support (remotely) to other litigators in the Framingham and Worcester offices. Working cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the firm.
- Administrative responsibilities will include: Front desk coverage; incoming office phone calls, incoming and outgoing mail and packages, arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required keeping supply par levels in the office and kitchen area, special projects; and other clerical and administrative duties as required.
- Other assignments as required and requested.
Candidates must possess:
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5 or more years of legal assistant support, with recent experience in a litigation practice area in a law firm and general administrative support. Litigation experience is a priority.
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency, team player and a willingness to adapt to change.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer