Bowditch and Dewey, one of Massachusetts leading law firms, seeks a Litigation partner-level attorney for its office in Worcester to help lead the firm’s largest department into the future. Bowditch and Dewey’s litigation department includes 20 lawyers and paralegals who are focused exclusively on litigation. The current membership of the group includes several senior-level lawyers with decades of trial experience and mid-level lawyers, junior associates and paralegals. As the firm has continued to grow and add laterals in other practice areas, and clients across new industries, the need for additional experienced litigators has become acute. The successful candidate will not only have demonstrated the ability to generate substantial business, but also the ability to try cases and lead a group of lawyers into the future. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to work in a sophisticated environment with excellent lawyers while avoiding commuting time to Boston.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Actively managing all aspects of litigation and pre-litigation matters in an efficient, practical and cost-effective manner.
- Trial experience in complex business litigation.
- Working both independently and within a team.
- Delegating to and managing the work of junior attorneys, paralegals and support staff.
- Providing business-focused, creative and client- centric problem solving mindset with ability to balance legal risk and business impact.
- Developing business with proven ability to generate/originate new matters.
- Developing/maximizing potential referral sources through networking events, lunches, and social gatherings.
- Creating an overall business development/marketing strategy designed to grow and expand one’s practice and client base.
- Analyzing, addressing, and providing legal advice to a cross-functional team of lawyers in all practices areas.
And possess the following:
- Tremendous initiative.
- Commitment to outstanding performance.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Trial experience including first chair.
- Mature, experienced team approach to the practice of law.
- Strong people skills suitable for a client-focused business.
- At least 20 years of experience in broad, complex commercial litigation in a law firm.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in joining us and becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please:
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer