We are seeking a full time (non-exempt) experienced Corporate Paralegal, with working knowledge in Business and Finance matters. In this position you will directly interface with multiple attorneys and with our clients. Prior experience in this area, some of it at a high level, is required in this role. This hybrid position (4 in-office and 1 remote day weekly) is based in our Worcester or Framingham office. This position reports to the assigning attorneys.
We are seeking an experienced paralegal to provide high level, detailed support to attorneys in our Corporate Business and Finance Practice.
- Forming domestic and foreign for profit, nonprofit, professional and Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) organizations
- Dissolving the above type of entities
- Working on mergers & acquisitions
- Overseeing corporate amendments and qualifications
- Drafting corporate and LLC Consent votes
- Performing corporate maintenance
- Working on transactions such as asset sales, stock sales, mergers and acquisitions, financings, due diligence, schedule preparation, Uniformed Commercial Code (UCC) filings, lien searches, status certificates, Secretary’s/Manager’s Certificates, authority opinions and votes
- Achieve reasonable billable hour goals
- Ability to lead and manage each project from start to finish
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to inform others
- Ability to learn, retain and work within each attorney’s work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills for yourself and the attorneys you support; ability to look ahead and keep projects on track
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of regulations that apply to this type of work
- Proficiency in performing administrative tasks
- Proficiency with document management, storage and retrieval software such as NetDocs
- Proficiency with software such as iManage, iCreate, Workflow, Contract Express, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet
- Ability to train and mentor paralegals with less experience
Education and Experience
- Five to seven years’ experience as a corporate paralegal preferably in the business & finance area; some of that time being at a higher level
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge, and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer