Bowditch & Dewey, LLP has an opening for a part-time Corporate/Commercial Paralegal in its Worcester (possibly Framingham) office in the Business & Finance Practice area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with (i) general corporate matters (domestic and foreign profit, nonprofit, professional and LLC formations, amendments, qualifications, mergers and dissolutions; corporate and LLC Consent votes; corporate maintenance); and (ii) transactions (asset sales, stock sales, mergers and acquisitions, financings, due diligence and schedule preparation, UCC filings, lien searches, status certificates, Secretary’s/Manager’s Certificates, authority opinions and votes). Also (training will be provided for) processing banking/loan documents/matters and Trademark work.
- This position requires a minimum 3 years of general Corporate/Commercial Paralegal experience, preferably in Business/Finance.
- The schedule is 30 hours per week. Prorated benefits are offered.
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited program or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Must have excellent computer/typing skills and be proficient in the Microsoft suite of products.
- Additional software applications skills for legal documentation are preferred, such as NetDocs, Worldox, iManage, iCreate, Workflow, Contract Express and others.
- Knowledge of Trademark work is a plus but not required.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer