Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, has an opening in their Framingham or Worcester office for a Real Estate Associate. This growing and dynamic practice offers the opportunity to engage on a broad range of sophisticated real estate and environmental transactions. Our team-based, client-focused approach to representing our clients is based on the creation of project teams of lawyers (partners and associates), paralegals and staff across practice specialties for each project that work together to provide clients with the best, most comprehensive, seamless representation available. We are looking for the right attorney to join our team.
We have a long and notable record of success in assisting clients with:
- Acquisition, financing, development and leasing of office parks, shopping centers, industrial complexes, affordable housing, assisted living facilities, facilities of higher education, and residential developments.
- Guiding real estate owners, developers and investors through the maze of government regulation and financing requirements, construction issues and tax considerations that confront them.
- Environmental development issues including wetlands, brownfields and contaminated property issues, and compliance with both NEPA and MEPA regulations.
Your skillset needs to include:
- Practiced, experienced approach to the practice of law.
- Strong people skills suitable for a client-focused business.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and bring added value to our team.
- Sound legal judgment, initiative, and versatility.
We pride ourselves in offering an energetic learning environment for our professionals in a respectful and collegial atmosphere. This is an excellent growth and development opportunity, which provides direct client contact and an environment where you will be working directly with clients and senior partners.
- 4 to 7 years of substantial experience in complex, commercial real estate and land use matters.
- Negotiate and draft transactional documents (letters of intent, purchase agreements, leases, loan agreements)
- Perform due diligence (including title and survey, zoning, contract review)
- Conduct closings including document preparation and coordination of post-closing activities
- Comfortable with significant client contact and running a transaction from inception to closing with partner oversight and assistance.
- Business understanding that can be applied to our client’s projects is a plus.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school. Strong academic and professional credentials.
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. (Member of the Massachusetts Bar)
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer