Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, has an opening in the Framingham office for a Real Estate Paralegal. Responsibilities will expand with the growth of the person in this job. We work on both large and small projects where the paralegal’s role is critical to the success of the project.
The successful candidate will have some experience as a paralegal, but we will work with candidates training them in any specific commercial real estate areas. We do expect the successful candidate to have a desire to learn and develop relevant experience. Self-starters are encouraged to apply.
- preparation of draft documents, including purchase and sale agreements, deeds, settlement statements, commercial leases and related documents;
- obtaining closing documents, including UCC searches, title examinations, municipal lien certificates, corporate organizational documents and payoff letters;
- preparation of tenant estoppel certificates and clerk’s certificates;
- attendance at closings;
- coordination of title reports with title examiners;
- preparation of lender and owner policies of title insurance;
- preparation of organizational and authority documentation;
- coordination of recording of documents at registries of deeds;
- assistance in preparation of zoning opinions;
- management of transactional due diligence, including review of files at state and municipal offices and responsibility for completion of all post-closing matters.
1 to 3 years of similar experience preferably in a Real Estate Law Group. A paralegal certificate is preferred but not required. Excellent interpersonal and writing skills; knowledge of basic accounting principles; and good technology/computer skills.
This is an excellent opportunity that provides a competitive compensation package and a professional environment.
Dedicated to Diversity
Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer