Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, has an opening in our Real Estate practice for an experienced Real Estate Paralegal. The position is ideally located in our Worcester office. We work on both large and small commercial Real Estate projects where the paralegal’s role is critical to the success of the project.
The successful candidate will have solid experience as a paralegal in commercial real estate areas as defined below.
Within a Commercial Real Estate practice:
- Preparation of draft documents, including purchase and sale agreements, deeds, settlement statements, commercial leases and related documents;
- Obtaining closing documents, including UCC searches, title examinations, municipal lien certificates, corporate organizational documents and payoff letters;
- Preparation of tenant estoppel certificates and clerk’s certificates;
- Attendance at closings;
- Coordination of title reports with title examiners;
- Preparation of lender and owner policies of title insurance;
- Preparation of organizational and authority documentation;
- Coordination of recording of documents at registries of deeds;
- Assistance in preparation of zoning opinions;
- Management of transactional due diligence, including review of files at state and municipal offices and responsibility for completion of all post-closing matters.
- Presentation skills for in-house training of other paralegals.
Minimum 5 years’ experience as a paralegal preferably in a Commercial Real Estate Law Group or similar. A paralegal certificate is preferred but not required. Excellent interpersonal skills, drafting and writing skills; knowledge of basic accounting principles; and good technology/computer skills.
This is an excellent opportunity that provides a competitive compensation package and a professional environment.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer