Bowditch & Dewey is searching for the right people to join our exciting, busy and expanding Trust & Estates Law group. Our team-based, client-focused approach to representing our clients is designed to provide clients with the best, most comprehensive, seamless representation available.
We are currently hiring support roles of Paralegal and Trust Officer. Our offices are located in Boston, Framingham and Worcester. While consideration can be given to a preferred location, our team has a preference for Legal Administrative Assistants and Paralegals as well as the Trust Officer to be located in Worcester and/or Framingham where most of the Trust & Estates group resides. We operate a hybrid workweek model which allows for a combination of in-office and remote work.
We are looking for team members with experience in the following, either as a preparer or as a support to those efforts:
- Organizing and analyzing asset information;
- Valuation of assets and strategize allocation to subtrusts;
- Preparation of inventories, asset allocation agreements, asset transfer documents, and Judicial Council forms;
- Researching and drafting grant deeds, trust transfer deeds, and supporting documents;
- Drafting probate pleadings, including fiduciary reports/accountings, Spousal Property petitions, Heggstad petitions, etc.;
- Assisting with Estate and Gift Tax return preparation.
- The ability to disseminate information from bank, brokerage and other financial statements.
- Maintaining checkbooks and banking records;
- Paying bills, and computing and disbursing beneficiary distributions;
- Computing and payment of executor and trustee commissions; preparation of formal and informal estate and trust accountings;
- Marshalling assets and arranging for valuation as necessary.
- Probate Court responsibilities include: Reading and interpreting Wills and trust instruments;
- Prepare and file all documents required to probate wills;
- Prepare receipt and release agreements, disclaimers, affidavits, accounting petitions;
- Handle issuance and revocation of letters and other miscellaneous proceedings, including preparation of petitions and overseeing service on interested parties.
- Candidates with a wide range of Trust and Estate experience, business acumen and superior interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills.
- The candidate must possess excellent writing and research skills.
- At any level, demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Attorneys must have a Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school for attorney level positions
- Attorneys must be licensed to practice law in Massachusetts (multiple state Bar admissions are a plus)
- We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer