Annual Economic Development Summit: Multifamily Development and Inclusionary Zoning
A number of high-density multifamily development projects have been completed in Worcester over the past several years, with many more in the pipeline. Investment in Worcester is strong.
At the same time, while the construction of more housing units helps to address the shortage in Worcester’s overall housing supply, we must also seek to strategically improve housing affordability. Worcester is considering the adoption of an inclusionary zoning ordinance that aims to meet affordable housing needs, while encouraging the development of much-needed multifamily housing.
On November 10 experts at our summit discussed:
- How inclusionary zoning advances the public good
- Multifamily investment considerations, risks, and dynamics
- Development location drivers
- How developers are dealing with rising costs, inflation, and a potential economic downturn
- Judi Barrett, Planning Director, Owner & Operating Manager, Barrett Planning Group LLC
- Leah Bradley, Chief Executive Officer, Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance
- Peter Dunn, Chief Development Officer, City of Worcester
- Aaron Horne, Project Manager, Trinity Financial
- Joshua Lee Smith, Partner, Bowditch
Categorized: Development, Multifamily Housing
Tagged In: multifamily housing, multifamily investments, Worcester