Breakfast @ Bowditch: FLSA Changes Are Coming – What You Should Do Now to Prepare
The impending release of new FLSA regulations by the Department of Labor this summer is anticipated to bring substantial revisions that will significantly impact employers, including to exempt and non-exempt determinations.
In addition to reviewing many aspects of their current policies to be sure they remain in compliance, what can employers do now to prepare?
This Breakfast @ Bowditch will address, among other things:
- Federal and State exemptions and determinations
- Working time issues impacting overtime (e.g. travel time, emails, off-the-clock work, etc.)
- Minimum salary thresholds and automatic increases
- Possible changes to the ‘duties’ test
- The importance of auditing
- Reclassifying employees according to job duties
- Elimination of ‘safe harbors’ in failure of compliance
Breakfast will be served. There is no cost to attend.
We look forward to seeing you!
Register for a session by clicking on the location below:
WORCESTER at Mechanics Hall on June 7 from 7:30 – 9:30am
SOUTH HADLEY at Willis-Hallowell Center, Mount Holyoke College on June 9, noon – 2:00pm
NEWTON at the Newton Marriott Hotel on June 14 from 7:30 – 9:30am