Bowditch is a highly regarded law firm handling sophisticated transactions, challenging litigation and complex regulatory issues for businesses, families and institutions throughout Massachusetts, the region and beyond.
With more than 60 lawyers seamlessly connected in three strategic Massachusetts offices – Boston, Framingham and Worcester – Bowditch is a preeminent law firm, deep in the areas of business and finance, real estate and environmental, litigation, employment and labor, and estate and tax planning, delivering outstanding client satisfaction and big-firm quality legal services.
In the recently released BTI Brand Elite: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms, Bowditch earned a place on BTI’s Honor Roll of Most Recommended Firms. Law firms are listed based on top-of-mind recognition by corporate counsel and other legal-hiring decision makers. This recognition is particularly gratifying at a time when a growing number of corporate counsel express dissatisfaction and disconnection with their law firms.
- Established in 1914
- Managing Partner: John Shoro
- Our lawyers are licensed to practice in 12 jurisdictions: Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island as well as before several appellate courts
- Bowditch’s litigation lawyers appear regularly in federal and state courts as well as before various administrative agencies in New England and elsewhere in the U.S.
- Chambers USA recognizes Labor & Employment practice among the most notable in Massachusetts and the following as leading lawyers in Massachusetts
- 16 practices ranked in U.S. News and World Report: Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms,” including a national ranking for Trust & Estates Law
- 16 attorneys listed in Best Lawyers in America
Service to our Communities and Profession
As a firm, we encourage everyone to give back. Our lawyers, professionals, and staff serve on boards or hold other leadership positions for organizations located where we live and work as well as statewide and nationally. Many of our lawyers have served in government agencies and on government boards. These include zoning and planning boards and environmental, transportation, construction, labor, consumer affairs and anti-discrimination agencies.