Bowditch is a highly regarded law firm handling sophisticated transactions, challenging litigation and complex regulatory issues for businesses, families and institutions throughout Massachusetts, the region and beyond.
With more than 60 lawyers seamlessly connected in three strategic Massachusetts offices – Boston, Framingham and Worcester – Bowditch is deep in the areas of business and finance, real estate and environmental, litigation, employment and labor, and estate and tax planning, delivering outstanding client satisfaction and quality legal services.
Bowditch is listed in BTI Client Service A-Team 2023 Rankings, which asks 17,000 buyers of professional services to evaluate 17 activities essential to delivering superior client service. In BTI Brand Elite: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms, Bowditch earned a place on BTI’s Honor Roll of Most Recommended Firms. Law firms are listed based on top-of-mind recognition by corporate counsel and other legal-hiring decision makers.
- Established in 1914
- 2023 Empowering Women award from Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly for a strong commitment to supporting and elevating women attorneys
- 29 practices earned a place in U.S. News and World Report: Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in Boston, Worcester and nationally
- 23 attorneys listed in Best Lawyers in America and 10 attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America
- Samantha McDonald, Lynette Paczkowski, Rebecca MacGregor, Kristin Shirahama, Katherine Garrahan, and Tracy Boland named Top Women of Law by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly listed Kristin Shirahama (Trusts & Estates), Bob Young (Employment), George Tetler (Business), and Paul Bauer (Commercial Real Estate) among the Top 20 lawyers in their respective areas of practice
Service to our Communities and Profession
As a firm, we encourage everyone to give back. Our lawyers, professionals, and staff serve on boards or hold other leadership positions for organizations located where we live and work as well as statewide and nationally. Many of our lawyers have served in government agencies and on government boards. These include zoning and planning boards and environmental, transportation, construction, labor, consumer affairs and anti-discrimination agencies.