Bowditch is an outstanding place to build a practice and make a career, whether you’re a law school student or well-established lawyer considering a move to another law firm.
Our lawyers, paralegals and staff are friendly, dedicated professionals who work hard to serve our clients, support and care about one another, and give back enthusiastically to our communities.
We’re the kind of law firm that lawyers appreciate as they grow and develop their careers. Here’s a closer look at four of the key reasons why:
- Our people. We are proud of our firm’s collegial culture and bright, caring people. Client and individual successes are celebrated firm-wide throughout the year. Employees in all departments and at all levels are encouraged to organize volunteer activities and social occasions – such as craft beer tastings in Framingham, wine downs in Boston, and cookie bake-offs in Worcester.
- New lawyers are formally mentored and encouraged to grow professionally, turning to peers and more senior lawyers as well as getting support and guidance in other ways. At Bowditch, when someone has a question or needs help, they feel free to pick up the phone and call a colleague…or simply walk down the hall.
- One firm. Bowditch operates seamlessly across its offices, with a streamlined, one-firm structure and philosophy. We manage the firm for the whole organization instead of having separate P&Ls for practice areas or offices. Dual offices are common, and, on any given day, it is typical for our lawyers to take their work from one office to another, going wherever our clients or colleagues need them to be.
- Giving back to our communities is at the very core of our firm culture and has been since our founding over a century ago. We invite you to take a look at our Facebook page for a sample of our community activities.
The firm’s capital partners are responsible for long-term strategic planning for the partnership, but they delegate general management, policy making and day-to-day operational oversight to our Managing Partner. We’ve eliminated the red tape for faster decision making. The firm’s Executive Director and her team focus on achieving strategic goals and strengthening Bowditch. This structure allows the lawyers to focus more time and energy on serving our clients and developing business.
Bowditch is organized into five practice areas for the purpose of training and management. We are also organized by industry groups. This organizational approach enhances our cross-practice efforts.
Bowditch recently completed a new strategic plan with the intention of growing. In addition, we are actively recruiting lateral partners in Worcester, Framingham and Boston.
Considering Worcester? You may be interested in these recent articles:
- 8 Ways Worcester is Staging its Comeback to Attract Businesses and Residents
- Worcester Ranked 2nd Best New England City to Start a Small Business In
- Worcester Ranks 4th Best City to Start a Family
- Long a College Town, Worcester Now Looks the Part
- Worcester 1st in U.S. for Community Farmers Markets
- Worcester 1st in Massachusetts for Purchasing Power
- Worcester is the City With the Most Young Apartment Dwellers in Massachusetts