Are You Ready for the New Massachusetts Family Leave Statute?
In June, Governor Baker signed a bill into law establishing a paid family and medical leave program for Massachusetts workers. The new Massachusetts Family Leave Statute is slated to be one of the most generous family and medical leave programs in the country. Employers need to be aware of the new statute for compliance and management of leave for their employees.
Join us to learn how your business needs to prepare. Among other issues, we will address:
- Specific requirements for coverage, eligibility and use of leave
- Steps employers need to take to comply with the law
- Understanding the leave payroll tax
- Leave administration, including notice, eligibility, leave coordination, and return to work
- Continuation of benefits
- Rights of employers and employees under the statute and penalties for violation
Lunch will be served. There is no cost to attend.
We look forward to seeing you!
Wednesday, December 5
11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
AC Hotel, Worcester, MA
Categorized: Events + Recordings
Tagged In: FMLA program, Massachusetts Family Leave Statute, Massachusetts paid family and medical leave program