Patrick Tracey and Danielle Lederman Presented “Tightening the Belt: Where to Focus Your Limited Legal Resources” for the ACC-Northeast
A shift in the economy often brings a shift in legal strategy. According to the 2022 ACC Law Department Management Benchmarking Report, a reduced legal budget may be on the horizon and corporate legal departments of all sizes are opting to handle more due diligence, legal research, and litigation case management in-house than they did last year. Meanwhile, courts are still recovering from pandemic delays.
As legal counsel, what policies and actions should you consider during an economic downturn?
During this November 14, 2022, ACC-Northeast webinar, Bowditch attorneys Patrick Tracey and Danielle Lederman, along with Saraa Basaria, Associate Director, Employment Counsel at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, shared actionable steps to protect your organization, such as:
- Effectively managing claims, including through ADR and other strategies
- How to incorporate protective contract clauses, including provisions relating to confidentiality, force majeure, no construction against the drafter, termination, arbitration, indemnification, and more
- Key venue and forum considerations (including an update on New England Courts)
- Best practices for planning your outside budget
- How to approach layoffs and reduction in your workforce
Categorized: Events + Recordings
Tagged In: legal budgeting, legal strategy