John F. Shoro
John Shoro's practice emphasizes estate, gift and generation-skipping tax planning, business tax planning, individual income tax planning, long term care planning, elder law and trust and estate administration. He also handles tax matters related to the sale, acquisition and reorganization of businesses.
John is listed in Best Lawyers in America and named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
John was named by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts to serve on an Ad Hoc Committee to study and report to the Court on Bosch litigation.
Admitted to Practice:
- Serves as trustee of numerous trusts, and as Personal Representative of various estates.
- Together with personnel from trust department, tax preparation group and B&D Advisors, provides clients with sophisticated income, gift and estate tax planning and investment advice to maximize wealth and minimize taxes.
- Works with B&D Advisors to provide integrated investment, financial planning and estate planning advice to clients regarding their personal assets and retirement accounts, including assuming responsibility for funding their revocable trusts to avoid probate and serving as their trustee.
- Represents corporate executives to structure and implement plans to benefit both family members and philanthropic interests.
- Represents multiple generations of client families in coordinating tax and wealth management strategies to benefit future generations.
- Represents several physicians in connection with practice structure, estate planning and individual planning, including the creation and management of trusts.
- Creates limited partnerships, limited liability companies and trusts for asset protection and wealth preservation purposes.
- Represents business owners to develop and implement tax efficient succession plans and exit strategies.
- Advises older clients and their families regarding long term care and benefits planning.
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association Tax Section and Probate and Real Property Sections
- Former Chairperson, Tax Law Section, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member and former President, Estate and Business Planning Council of Worcester County
- Corporator and Scholarship Committee Member, Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Member, Florida Bar Association Probate Section and Tax Sections
- Member, Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts