A Campus Crown Jewel: How to Deliver a Great Facility
Raising money for capital programs is hard. Delivering a great building that will be an asset to your campus for decades is harder. This program will focus on the steps, tips and tricks to delivering a great academic facility on time and on budget:
- Setting key program parameters as guideposts for the development
- Mitigating zoning and permitting issues to streamline municipal engagement
- Building an effective project team
- Effectively engaging with key stakeholders
- Managing schedule and pricing risks
- Developing a robust quality assurance program
- Planning a building for present needs while maximizing for future flexibility
Learn from the collective experience of colleges, contractors, designers and lawyers to find out what makes for a great project and what leads to teachable moments. This is your opportunity to ask the questions that can make the difference between a problem project and a campus crown jewel.
- Brian Anderson, Founding Partner at Anderson Porter Design
- Brian Grossman, Partner at Bowditch
- Steven Kelly, CEO at Timberline Construction
- Francesco Spagna, Associate Principal at Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Scott Merrill, Director of Physical Plant at College of the Holy Cross
- David Travers, Partner at Bowditch
Breakfast will be served. There is no cost to attend.
We look forward to seeing you!
Wednesday, January 30
8:00 – 10:00 AM
College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA