Tracy Boland and Danielle Lederman to Present at AGCMA’s “Build A Foundation or Dig Yourself A Hole: Employment Law Fundamentals for Field Staff and HR Professionals”
Tracy Boland and Danielle Lederman will present “Build A Foundation or Dig Yourself A Hole: Employment Law Fundamentals for Field Staff and HR Professionals” at the Associated General Contractors of Mass. on March 23. Geared towards managers and supervisors, the program will provide an overview of important employment law concepts that will help individuals confidently manage their construction industry staff and minimize legal risks for their organizations. Attendees will learn how to address common employee relations issues, communicate effectively with employees, and foster a culture of equity and respect.
Tracy and Danielle will cover the following four areas during the program:
The Employment Relationship
- Application and interviewing dos and don’ts
- Importance of documentation of performance issues
- Best practices and requirements relating to terminations
Creating a welcoming workplace
- Unlawful harassment, discrimination, retaliation – basics about the need for policies and training
- Workplace bullying
- Rate of pay, minimum wage, overtime, meal breaks, etc.
- Overview of FLSA and exempt/non-exempt status
Employee Leaves and privacy issues
- ADA (including accommodations process), FMLA, PFML – requirements and refresher
March 23, 2023
2 – 5 PM