Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, has an opening for a Real Estate Partner Level Attorney. Must have extensive experience with complex real estate and land use transactions. Our team-based, client-focused approach to representing our clients is based on the creation of project teams of lawyers (partners and associates), paralegals and staff across practice specialties for each project that work together to provide clients with the best, most comprehensive, seamless representation available. We are looking for the right Partner-level attorney to join our team.
The successful attorney will have extensive experience in:
- Acquisition, financing, development and leasing of office parks, shopping centers, industrial complexes, affordable housing, assisted living facilities, facilities of higher education, and residential developments.
- Guiding real estate owners, developers and investors through the maze of government regulation and financing requirements, construction issues and tax considerations that confront them.
- Representing buyers, sellers, owners, tenants, lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate transactions.
- Reviewing, analyzing, negotiating and drafting leases, lease amendments, subleases, lease assignments, termination agreements, settlement agreements, purchase and sale agreements for office and industrial properties, construction contracts, sourcing and vendor agreements, services agreements and other real estate contracts and related documentation (e.g., easement agreements, lien releases, title reports, CC&Rs, etc.).
- Managing and providing strategic legal advice for the resolution of construction, rent and occupancy audit, maintenance and other landlord/tenant and real estate related disputes.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions to complex legal and business challenges.
- Providing oversight and training to associates and paralegals.
- Developing business, both new and with existing clients, with proven ability to generate/originate new matters.
- Creating an overall business development/marketing strategy designed to grow and expand one’s practice and client base.
- Collaborating with peers to develop more innovative ways to get the Real Estate Law team’s work done.
- Analyzing, addressing, and providing legal advice to a cross-functional team of lawyers in all practice areas.
- Partner/Counsel-level attorney with 10+ years of focused experience in complex real estate and land use transactions with portable business of at least $300,000.
- We are looking for someone with a wide range of real estate experience, business acumen, and dispute resolution and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school.
- Be licensed to practice law in the state of Massachusetts. (Member of the Massachusetts Bar) (Multiple state Bar admissions are a plus
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer