Paul C. Bauer
Paul Bauer represents businesses and individuals in transactional matters with an emphasis in real estate and commercial law, representing developers, mortgage lenders, tenants and property owners in a wide variety of industries in complex development, acquisition, financing, and leasing transactions.
Paul works with developers, investors, and property end users to negotiate and structure real estate-based projects. He has advised clients on multiple party mixed-use and affordable housing projects. He represents a number of real estate companies in a variety of commercial sectors including office, industrial and retail in the sale, acquisition, financing, management and leasing of their real property investments. Paul advises income property owners on issues including estate planning, real property acquisitions and sales and property ownership structuring.
Paul represents affiliates of a public university in real estate transactions. He represents a private university in telecom and other technology agreements related to its campus and handles leasing transactions for another higher education institution. He also coordinates a team of attorneys in representing a public entity with respect to its higher education facilities financing, development, construction and management activities.
While Paul represents property end users in most commercial segments, he has significant experience representing life science companies of all sizes with respect to their property leasing needs. Paul’s experience includes representing a life science company in one of the largest lease transactions to occur in the City of Boston. In addition, Paul represents a number of craft brewers with respect to their brewery facilities. This representation includes leasing, financing and permitting services.
In addition, Paul represents privately held companies with respect to their structural, financing, and contractual needs. He often works with early stage companies to provide them the counsel necessary to protect their interests in obtaining contracts, investors and lending facilities. Paul serves as the Chair of the Advisory Board for the Entrepreneurial Innovation Center at Framingham State University where he advises the Center on its program helping entrepreneurs develop their ideas and small businesses.
Admitted to Practice:
- Semiannual Guest Lecturer, Boston University Certificate Program in Real Estate, 2004 - Present
- Speaker, “Strategies and Structures to Reshape the Corporate Portfolio,” CoreNet Global New England Chapter Program, June 19, 2003
- Speaker, “Commercial Real Estate Financing in Massachusetts,” Lorman Seminar, October 18, 2001
- Speaker, “Structuring Ownership Entities,” Lender’s Underwriting Seminar, July 16, 2001
- Chair, “Real Estate Financing: Advanced Topics,” Boston Bar Association seminar, April 27, 2001
- Chair, “Real Estate Financing: Representing Lenders and Borrowers, ”Boston Bar Association Seminar, May 19, 2000
- Board Member, Government Affairs Committee, Greater Boston Real Estate Board
- Board Member, MassEcon
- Board Member, Real Estate Finance Association
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Member, Real Estate Section, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association
- Director, MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chair, Small Business Committee, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Member, CoreNet Global
- Member, Urban Land Institute, Programs Committee
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lawyers Clearinghouse on Affordable Housing and Homelessness
- Zoning Board of Appeals, Town of Bedford, Massachusetts
- Travel Basketball Coach and Program Coordinator