OSHA’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard: What Employers Must Know (Webinar)
On November 4, 2021, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issued an Emergency Temporary Standard requiring businesses with 100 or more employees to ensure that their workforces are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or subject to weekly COVID-19 testing and face covering requirements. The majority of the rule’s requirements go into effect on December 5, 2021, while the requirement for weekly COVID-19 testing will commence on January 4, 2022.
On November 12, 2021, Tracy Thomas Boland and Danielle Jurema Lederman discussed what you need to do to comply with this new mandate, including:
- What types of employers and employees are covered
- Considerations for deciding whether to include the testing option
- How to handle employees refusing to get vaccinated or tested
- How to address requests for medical or religious exemptions
- Penalties for not meeting the compliance deadlines