Bowditch and Dewey seeks an experienced Staff Attorney to join our Trust & Estate practice Area in our Boston office. This is a specialized part of Trust & Estates involving high profile accounts requiring the highest level of technical knowledge, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and mastered skills in the areas of trust administration, estate planning strategies and income, gift and estate tax matters including tax return preparation.
- Handle a wide variety of tasks to assist attorney in the practice, including drafting trust and estate documents and communicating with clients or client representative.
- Operate effectively in an environment that stresses individual accountability.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of Trust & Estate Laws and Regulations
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal negotiation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be highly organized with an extreme attention to detail.
- Use effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Be extremely effective in a fast-paced environment, multitasking and assisting a highly experienced senior partner to deliver high quality client service.
Bachelor’s degree required; JD degree from an accredited school of Law. Member of the Massachusetts Bar
Minimum 5 years of demonstrated fiduciary client service success required
Computer/Technical: Ability to use all Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Client Records management software such as Netdocs is a plus.
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer