Joseph Duquette works with clients in all facets of real estate, land use and municipal law. He is experienced in reviewing, revising, and negotiating a wide variety of government contracts including host community agreements, inter-municipal agreements, and SAAS agreements. Joe has represented local boards and building officials in enforcement actions involving violations of the state sanitary code, building code, and general and zoning bylaws/ordinances. His prior practice also included advising and assisting municipal officials in responding to public records requests, open meeting law requirements, and procurement.
Prior to joining the firm, Joe was an associate at a Boston law firm that focused on public sector law. He has also served as a mediator at the Attorney General’s Office and an intern at the City of Boston Law Department.
Being born and raised in Massachusetts, Joe is an avid Boston sports fan and enjoys traveling, playing golf, and craft beer.
- Member, Developing Leaders Committee, NAIOP
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- B.S., summa cum laude, Northeastern University
- Reviewed municipal zoning bylaws and drafted a statement in support of a mixed-use multifamily development special permit and site plan review application
- Obtained a partial real estate tax exemption for a client for its religious house of worship use
- Revised short-form master subcontractor agreements to ensure appropriate risk allocation amongst insured parties
- Drafted triple net lease agreement for warehouse building to be used as an automotive shop for a term of 25 years
- Advised city and town boards regarding compliance with the public records law and the Open Meeting Law