The number one reason to join Bowditch is the people! We are dedicated and committed individuals who work hard to serve our clients, support our colleagues, and are involved in our communities.
We’re proud of our camaraderie and supportive culture, which are assets apparent to clients and friends of the Firm. If you have a question, you can pick up the phone, call a colleague and that person will gladly help.
We operate seamlessly across all offices and manage the Firm with one P&L for the whole organization as opposed to P&Ls for practice areas or offices. On any given day, it is common for an office to host several visiting colleagues from the other offices.
Members of Bowditch are extremely dedicated to and are personally rewarded by community involvement. Many firms say this in a brochure. But giving back is at the very core of our firm culture and has been for over 100 years. We invite you to review our Facebook page for a sample of community activities.
Client and individual successes are celebrated firm-wide and there are several social occasions throughout the year. Employees in all departments are encouraged to organize volunteer activities and social occasions – such as craft beer tastings in Framingham, wine downs in Boston and cookie bake-offs in Worcester.
Streamlined structure and focus on efficiency
We eliminated the red tape for faster decision making.
The capital partners are responsible for long term strategic planning for the partnership, but delegate general management, policy making and day-to-day operational oversight to the managing partner.
The executive director and her team focus on achieving strategic goals and strengthening the Firm. This structure allows the lawyers to focus more time and energy on serving our clients and developing business.
The Firm is organized into five practice areas for the purpose of training and management. We are also organized by industry groups, which are cross-practice efforts.
Bowditch recently completed a new strategic plan and we are looking to grow, especially in our Boston office. However, we are actively recruiting lateral partners in Worcester, Framingham and Boston.
Considering Worcester? You may be interested in these recent articles.
- 4 New England foodie cities that local chefs love
- Worcester lands No. 65 on the U.S. News & World Report "Best Places to Live" list
- Worcester Ranks 4th Best City to Start a Family
- CNN/Money Names Shrewsbury One of the Best Small Towns in America
- Long a College Town, Worcester Now Looks the Part
- Worcester 1st in U.S. for Community Farmers Markets
- Worcester Named 2nd Best New England City to Start a Business In
- Worcester 1st in Massachusetts for Purchasing Power
- Is Worcester Finally Getting the Food Scene it Deserves?
- 11 Reasons to Drive to Worcester