Samantha McDonald is an experienced, client-focused real estate lawyer, concentrating on business and real estate property law within the firm’s real estate and environmental practice area. She represents a wide range of clients and matters, including buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate, landlord-tenant disputes and evictions, land use, zoning, and development matters, leasing, and surrounding property issues.
Samantha appreciates what her clients value most, understanding that “getting the deal done is most important to the client.” She enjoys working with clients to resolve matters that people typically don’t have to deal with and can’t always assess on their own. She helps her clients navigate various situations, evaluate the types of risks and potential effects involved, and works with clients to achieve exactly what they want while protecting them.
Samantha is a recipient of the 2014 Pro Bono Publico Award from Community Legal Aid, and was selected as a member of Leadership Worcester 2016, which is a joint program of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation and the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce. She has also been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Prior to joining the firm in 2018, Samantha was an Officer at Fletcher Tilton, where she focused her practice on business and real estate property law. She developed a specialty in evictions, but says she had her “foot in the door” with other practice areas as well. Prior to law school, Samantha worked as a paralegal for a solo practitioner doing real estate conveyancing.
Samantha enjoys crossword puzzles, but in the warmer months, she likes to spend time in her perennial flower garden. “I like to play in the dirt – I’m a dirt lawyer.”
- Director, Worcester Regional Research Bureau
- Corporator, Music Worcester
- Corporator, Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association
- Member, Worcester County Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association – Environment, Energy & Resources and the Real Property, Trust & Estates Sections
- Member, Wachusett Greenways Trust
- Member, White Oak Land Trust
- Member, Steering Committee, Women’s Initiative of the United Way of Central Massachusetts
- Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors, Y.O.U. Inc., Worcester
- President, ARTS Worcester
- Vice President of the Environmental Society, Suffolk University Law School
Articles + Talks
- Authored the chapter on Powers of Attorney, Contributing author, “Crocker’s Notes on Common Forms” (10th ed., MCLE 2013), edited by Sydney F. Smithers, IV,” May 10, 2016
- “Conflict of Interest Issues,” NBI Seminar titled “Representing Non Profits,” 2016
- District Court of Massachuetts
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School
- B.A., cum laude, Environmental Studies, Clark University