Bowditch seeks an Associate Attorney to join our growing Estate, Financial & Tax Planning Practice Area in our Worcester or Framingham office. This is an opportunity for an Associate to work closely with, and learn from, more experienced attorneys. This position includes the planning and implementation of sophisticated estate planning strategies and involves extensive interactions with clients and other professional advisors requiring the highest level of technical knowledge, confidentiality and professionalism. This is a full-time position with a hybrid work schedule.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the areas of estate planning strategies, trust administration, and income, gift, estate and generation-skipping tax matters, including tax return preparation
- Handle a wide variety of tasks to assist attorneys in the practice, including drafting trust and estate documents and communicating with clients or client representative
- Operate effectively in an environment that stresses individual accountability
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of Massachusetts probate and trust law
- Demonstrate superior and written communication skills
- Be highly organized with an extreme attention to detail
- Use effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Be extremely effective in a fast-paced environment, multitasking and assisting highly experienced senior partners to deliver high quality client service
Superior academic credentials including a J.D.
LL.M in taxation preferred
4 – 6 years of sophisticated estate planning experience required
Computer/Technical: Ability to use all Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Client Records management software such as Netdocs is a plus.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer