Bowditch and Dewey seeks an Associate Attorney to join our Trust & Estate Practice Area in our Boston office for a unique Trusts and Estates opportunity to work closely with a senior partner servicing his high net worth clients. This partnership tract position includes the planning and implementation of sophisticated estate planning strategies and involves extensive interactions with clients and their other professional advisors requiring the highest level of technical knowledge, confidentiality and professionalism. This is a full-time position, but a reduced or flexible schedule can be accommodated.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and mastered skills in the areas of trust administration, estate planning strategies and income, gift, estate and generation-skipping tax matters, including tax return preparation
- Handle a wide variety of tasks to assist attorney in the practice, including drafting trust and estate documents and communicating with clients or client representative
- Operate effectively in an environment that stresses individual accountability
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of Massachusetts probate and trust law
- Demonstrate superior and written communication skills
- Be highly organized with an extreme attention to detail
- Use effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Be extremely effective in a fast-paced environment, multitasking and assisting a highly experienced senior partner to deliver high quality client service
Superior academic credentials including a J.D. LL.M in taxation preferred
3 – 5 years of sophisticated estate planning experience required
Computer/Technical: Ability to use all Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Client Records management software such as Netdocs is a plus.
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer