Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, has an opening for a senior-level Litigation Associate in our Worcester, MA location. Our litigation practice represents clients in numerous industries including public utilities, energy, manufacturing, distributors, real estate development, education and financial services; in connection with complex disputes involving insurance, real estate, environmental, construction, bankruptcy, intellectual property, commercial/contracts, and other compliance and business-related matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates must have substantial experience in handling small and large, complex business litigation matters.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Experience in arguing substantive/dispositive
- Significant deposition experience, with the ability to both take and defend key depositions
- The ability to draft pleadings, discovery requests, discovery responses, etc., with minimal supervision
- High self-motivation, with a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task.
Candidates must also possess:
- Strong academic and professional credentials.
- Stellar client relations skills
- Excellent research capabilities
- Exceptional technical skills and be organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage most phases of litigation with little or no partner supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team. This is an excellent growth and development opportunity, which provides direct client contact and an environment where you will be working directly with partners.
Our fast-paced practice requires a committed team player with sound legal judgment, initiative and versatility.
- This position requires 5 to 6 years of litigation experience.
- Must have a strong academic background, with a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Massachusetts. (Member of the Massachusetts Bar; multiple state Bar admissions are a plus.)
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental, and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients. If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost-effective representation and successful results, please:
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer