We have an opening for a Partner Level Attorney in our Domestic Relations & Probate Litigation practice. The members of the practice represent clients in all aspects of the divorce process, child custody cases, estate litigation, and other probate and family law matters. This often requires frequent Court appearances. The team also works collaboratively with members of other practice areas within the firm to ensure clients receive the most comprehensive and thorough support possible.
The successful candidate must have a portable book of business and a strong desire to grow and develop their practice over time. The individual must have extensive experience in the various areas of family law including but not limited to divorce, child custody matters, guardianships and conservatorships, adoptions, division of assets, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, spousal and child support, restraining orders, and probate issues. The individual must also possess courtroom experience in the Probate and Family Court.
Bowditch prioritizes entrepreneurship and collaboration amongst our lawyers and professional staff and actively supports our lawyers’ efforts to grow strong and robust practices. For an individual looking to join a collaborative and client centric team, Bowditch presents a fantastic opportunity to take one’s practice to the next level.
- Overseeing and managing legal issues that transpire between family members
- Providing superior service and legal representation for clients in court as pertains to family law
- Drafting documents / pleadings such as complaints, petitions, responsive pleadings, motions, memoranda, agreements for judgment, separation agreements and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Upholding a schedule of hearings, court appearances, and conferences
- Preparing clients for hearings and trials
- Analyzing substantial and complicated asset divisions
- Negotiating agreements between parties
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Willingness to collaborate and work as a team when appropriate for best outcome
- Experience with delegation and training and developing other attorneys and staff
- A minimum of seven years of experience in family law and probate litigation matters
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school
- Current License to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge, and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer