Bowditch & Dewey is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Trust & Estates Paralegal to support attorneys in our growing Estate, Financial and Tax Planning practice area. The position may be located in either our Framingham or Worcester locations. This is a fast-paced practice and requires a person who has excellent multitasking abilities. The candidate will primarily assist in a team-oriented setting with estate and trust administration and estate and long-term care planning, including Medicaid applications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Organization and analysis of asset information;
- Preparation of various probate pleadings;
- Coordination of filings with the Probate Courts;
- Marshalling assets and arranging for valuations;
- Preparation of MassHealth applications;
- Drafting basic estate planning documents;
- Assist with titling and retitling of assets;
- Preparation of inventories and probate accountings; and
- Assisting with fiduciary income and Estate tax return preparation.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Office and have a fundamental understanding of fiduciary income and estate tax.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of local Probate Court rules and procedures is critical.
- Knowledge of records management applications such as NetDocs and CCH tax preparation software is a plus.
- Paralegal Certification from an approved program is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of paralegal experience in Trust & Estates and probate administration, preferably in a law firm setting.
- A sense of humor goes a long way.
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency and a willingness to adapt to change.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer