Ben Hinks is an attorney in the firm’s Employment & Labor practice. He represents employers in litigation matters, including wage and hour claims, discrimination actions, non-competition and trade secret disputes, and contract claims before the courts of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and administrative agencies. Ben also helps counsel clients through a full range of employment issues including hiring, termination, personnel policies and handbooks, leaves of absence, internal investigations, employee discipline and DEI initiatives.
Additionally, Ben provides assistance to higher education clients with risk management matters and investigations specific to colleges and universities, such as Title IX compliance and sexual misconduct matters, as well as other student and faculty issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben represented employers at a boutique firm in the MetroWest area. He also has experience as a law clerk with boutique firms in Boston.
Ben enjoys activities such as skiing and playing tennis with friends and family. He is also an avid soccer fan and supports Arsenal football club.
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Mass & Metrowest
Articles + Talks
- “NLRB Modifies Rule Governing Off-Duty Workplace Access for Employees of Contractors,” Bowditch, December 22, 2022
- “Garden Leave Payments Under MA Noncompetition Agreement Act Not Covered by Wage Act,” Bowditch, December 21, 2022
- “Department of Labor Seeks to Alter Independent Contractor Classification,” Bowditch, October 14, 2022
- “NLRB Proposes Expanded Standard for Joint-Employer Status,” Bowditch, September 13, 2022
- “CDC Relaxes COVID-19 Safety Recommendations in Updated Guidance,” Bowditch, August 16, 2022
- “Rhode Island Enacts ‘Tip Protection’ Law,” Bowditch, July 18, 2022
- “Employment Law Updates for Massachusetts and Rhode Island Employers,” Bowditch, May 31, 2022
- “Massachusetts Emergency Paid Sick Leave to End March 15,” Bowditch, March 3, 2022
- “City of Boston Lifts Mask Mandate, Effective March 5th,” Bowditch, March 3, 2022
- “The City of Boston, Rhode Island, and Connecticut Issue New Vaccine Policies Impacting Businesses & Employers,” Bowditch, December 21, 2021
- “EEOC Issues Guidance on COVID-19 and Disability Protections Under the Americans with Disabilities Act,” Bowditch, December 15, 2021
- “Updated Employer Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccination Mandates Issues by Both the EEOC and Safer Federal Workforce Task Force,” Bowditch, October 27, 2021
- “Accommodation Requests in a Post-Pandemic World” (Higher Education Roundtable Series), Bowditch, South Hadley/Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts, October and November 2022
- Rhode Island
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
- B.A., Skidmore College