Leah Rochwarg manages a transactional and dispute resolution practice focused primarily on construction law, real estate, and complex commercial matters. Clients value her creativity and collaboration and her ability to identify and develop goals, engineer solutions, maximize value, and achieve optimal results.
Leah works with developers, investors, corporate real estate departments, and business, legal and risk management teams to advance their interests in the construction and development of real estate. She counsels clients at all stages of construction and development projects, from assisting with the drafting of requests for proposals, through the negotiation of contract documents, to providing project and contract administration assistance and dispute avoidance advice, the preparation and analysis of claims, and dispute resolution.
As project counsel, Leah works on a wide variety of projects including industrial and mixed use development, multifamily housing, hospitality, manufacturing, schools, and build-to-suit leasehold interests. She advises clients throughout the feasibility, development, construction, commissioning, and project close-out phases, counseling clients regarding contract disputes and issues including design and construction services procurement, bid protests, claims for delay/disruption, defective design and construction, payment and performance, payment and performance bond enforcement, insurance disputes, and risk management and conflict avoidance measures.
Leah also represents clients in matters involving government investigations, including allegations of waste, fraud, and abuse. She is a LEED® Accredited Professional.
Leah joined Bowditch after more than 15 years as a partner at a global law firm while also serving as an instructor for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA).
Leah enjoys spending time with family and friends (including four-legged ones). She also enjoys gardening, cooking, and painting.
Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts
- Co-Chair, Construction Law Committee, Boston Bar Association
- Forum on Construction Law, American Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Senior Editor and Editorial Board Member, Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction
- Energy and Environmental Task Force, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Board Member, National Association of Women in Construction
- Co-Chair, Real Estate Section, Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Special Education Surrogate Parent
Articles + Talks
- “Understanding Massachusetts Prompt Pay Act,” Boston Bar Association Webinar, June 23, 2021 (Moderator)
Bar + Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
- B.S.B.A., University of Massachusetts Lowell