Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, with offices in Boston, Framingham and Worcester has an opening in any one of its three offices for a Partner Attorney in its Labor & Employment Group. Our Labor & Employment group continues to grow and consists of a highly dedicated team of employment law specialists representing some of the largest employers in Massachusetts. Chambers USA has recognized our Labor & Employment practice among the most notable in Massachusetts.
The successful candidate must have significant experience with labor and employment law matters and must be willing to work collaboratively/cross market with members in other practice area groups. The individual must also have experience practicing in RI to help support our highly sophisticated clients with locations in that geography.
Our team-based, client-focused approach to representing our clients is based on the creation of project teams of lawyers (Partners and Associates), paralegals and staff across practice specialties for each project that work together to provide clients with the best, most comprehensive, seamless representation available. We are looking for a team-oriented Partner to join our team.
The successful Partner will have experience in:
- Litigating employment cases, including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour matters.
- Taking and defending depositions on often complicated labor and employment matters.
- Providing business-focused, creative and client- centric, problem-solving mindset with ability to balance legal risk and business impact.
- Thinking collaboratively to create common sense solutions to complex employment problems.
- Conceptualizing and articulating pragmatic/creative counseling and advice to clients.
- Developing business with proven ability to generate/originate new matters.
- Developing/maximizing potential referral sources through networking events, lunches, and social gatherings.
- Working with business development/marketing strategy designed to grow and expand one’s practice and client base.
- Maintaining a positive attitude, good listening skills, ambition, self-confidence, and good organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Reviewing, analyzing, negotiating and drafting employment contracts, termination agreements, settlement agreements, employment releases, labor contracts, and other labor and employment contracts and related documentation.
- Analyzing, addressing, and providing legal advice to a cross-functional team of lawyers in all practice areas.
- Proven experience representing employers, large and small, in employment disputes.
- Team approach to the practice of law.
- Strong people skills suitable for a client-focused business.
- Strong academic and professional credentials.
- Ability to prioritize and to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and bring added value.
- Sound legal judgment, initiative, and versatility.
- The ideal candidate will have 8 to 12 years of experience in sophisticated and complex labor and employment law.
- Candidates must have a wide range of labor and employment law experience, business acumen and dispute resolution.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the states of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. (Member of the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Bars). Bar admission in Connecticut is a plus.
We provide a competitive compensation package with vacation, 401k, co-paid medical and dental and more.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost effective representation and successful results, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer