Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, is seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Framingham office. This organized and attentive individual will be supporting members of the Trust & Estates, Litigation and Tax Practice Areas. They will handle a variety of tasks, ranging from basic filing to project work, with a strong focus on providing sophisticated administrative support for our attorneys. Our fast-paced practice requires a committed team player with good judgment, initiative, patience, humor and versatility. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal Administrative Assistant is integral to the functioning of our practice area; therefore, regular and predictable attendance is essential to the job. Primary responsibilities of the Legal Administrative Assistant include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Preparing Documents: Prioritizing work among assignments and meeting specific deadlines on projects. Coordinating document preparation, printing, copying, scanning and saving documents as needed.
- Maintaining Files: Maintaining electronic client records in compliance with current Firm policies. Working with Records personnel to create and maintain client files and indexes. Performing routine filing (Both electronic and some paper) and retrieving files as needed.
- Maintaining Calendar: Assisting in coordinating timekeeper calendars, court dates, event registrations, expense reports, travel and meeting arrangements.
- Processing Mail: Preparing and processing ingoing/outgoing mail, email and faxes, arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required. Ensuring that all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are included.
- Providing Administrative Support: Assisting with new client/matter intake process. Scheduling meetings and arranging for conference rooms. Communicating effectively with clients and with others in the firm. Proactively anticipating the business needs of the assigned attorneys; planning ahead and meeting deadlines.
- Cooperating with Team Efforts: Serving as backup to other legal groups as directed. Working cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the firm.
- Performing other duties within the office as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience providing expert legal administrative support in a law firm or similar.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to properly format, redline and stylize complex documents and PDFs. Experience with iHyperstyles is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience with the Massachusetts U.S. District Court ECF Filing System.
- Experience navigating a document management system, preferably NetDocuments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team environment, sometimes under high pressure.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines.
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency and a willingness to adapt to change.
Dedicated to Diversity: Bowditch & Dewey focuses on inclusive hiring of those candidates having excellent skills with a broad range of experiences, knowledge and perspectives. Diversity within the Firm promotes an open and mutually respectful workplace and the delivery of superior service to its clients.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization which provides exceptional service, cost-effective representation and successful results, please:
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources DepartmentBowditch & Dewey, LLP
311 Main Street
P.O. Box 15156
Worcester, MA 01615-0156
Equal Opportunity Employer