Divorce & Family Law Attorneys
Protect Your Wealth
Rely on our team of highly regarded family law attorneys to guide you through all aspects of the divorce process, family law matters or probate litigation.
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s “Top Women in Law” honoree
- Leadership roles within the bar (including Past Worcester County Bar Association president) and the community
- Former law clerks to the Justices of the MA Probate and Family Court Department in Worcester, Norfolk, Middlesex, Bristol, Barnstable and Plymouth counties
- Resources to Read:
We Are Here To Help
Contact Us Today
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
After conducting a thorough analysis, we identify the unique aspects of your case and the specific goals that you want to accomplish. We determine whether a swift, amicable resolution with a comprehensive agreement tailored to your goals is possible, whether additional information is required or whether court intervention is necessary.
When agreement is simply not possible, our team has the experience and resources to rigorously and zealously represent your interests in the courtroom.
We have a vast network of professionals to assist us in the evaluation, preparation and trial of both economic and non-economic issues, including access to the Bowditch’s business, real estate, tax, estate and appellate lawyers.
Executive’s Property and Income Protected in a Contested Massachusetts Divorce
Our client had a complicated executive compensation package that we needed to protect from his soon to be ex-spouse. We were able to classify all aspects of his compensation as income which resulted in a substantially reduced alimony obligation and a substantial tax advantage to our client.
Client Receives Primary Custody in High-Conflict Custody Dispute
We successfully litigated a high-conflict custody dispute in which we were able to demonstrate to the judge that the shared custody arrangement recommended by the guardian ad litem was not in the children’s best interests. After trial, our client was granted primary custody of his children.
Breach of Fiduciary Duty (Trustee)
We successfully sued an estate’s personal representative for undue influence and breach of fiduciary duty. Our clients were the identified beneficiaries and were able to recoup approximately $1 million to the estate.
Children’s Best Interests Considered in Client’s Request to Travel Internationally
Despite the opinion and testimony of the opposing expert that our client should never be permitted to travel internationally, we were able to convince the judge this was not in the best interests of the children. Our client was granted travel rights which ultimately will be unrestricted in the near future.
Services We Offer For Families
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Division of marital property and debt
- Child custody and parenting time
- Child support and spousal support (alimony)
- Guardianships of minors, disabled individuals and elders, including those involving the rights of grandparents
- Mediation or arbitration
- Separation agreements
- Abuse prevention orders or harassment prevention orders
- Paternity actions
- Will contests
- Trust controversies