David M. Felper
David Felper is a senior partner with Bowditch & Dewey, LLP and the immediate past Chair of the Firm's Labor & Employment and Higher Education practice area, a responsibility he held for ten years. David’s practice is concentrated in representation of management in matters including defense of discrimination and wrongful termination claims, wage and hour and OSHA complaints, non-competition agreements, contract negotiations, grievances, union organization and permissible conduct under all federal and state labor and employment laws.
He represents clients in federal and state courts, at arbitration hearings, in administrative hearings before the NLRB, EEOC, MCAD, MLRC and in other federal and state administrative litigation and proceedings, including unemployment compensation and section 28 workers’ compensation hearings. David also drafts employment contracts, personnel policies and other employment-related documents. He is a frequent speaker on employment and labor law and has taught courses in the field of labor and employment law. David has been selected by his peers to be included among the Best Lawyers in America since 2013 in the field of Employment Law - Management. In addition, David was named Lawyer of the Year in the field of Employment Law – Management in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
Admitted to Practice:
- Former President of Valley Tech Educational Foundation, Inc.
- Former President and Director of Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chairman and member, Board of Directors, United Way of Tri-County
- Former President and current Director of Horace Mann Educational Associates, Inc.
- Trustee, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. Board of Trustees
- Chairman, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. Board of Directors
- Former member of the Labor and Employment Law Section Council of the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Corporator, Milford-Whitinsville Regional Hospital
- Served on the Executive Committees of the Blackstone Valley Chamber
- Served on the Executive Committee Horace Mann Educational Associates
- "The 8th Annual Federal and State Employment Law Update,” Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester/Newton/South Hadley, Massachusetts, January/February 2017